17 Jul Creative Custom Ring Designs For Your Special Someone
When you’re looking for an engagement ring, or any kind of ring for someone you love, you want it to be a perfect fit – and we don’t mean just in size. Especially in the case of an engagement ring, it’s probably something she has been dreaming about for a long time. Since she’ll be wearing it for the rest of her life, you want to make sure she’ll love it forever.
In other words, it must be extra special.
If you don’t feel a pre-made ring seems right, consider having a custom ring made by a jewelry designer with your input. Many jewelry stores offer custom ring design, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to find a design service. The most difficult part comes in the creative process.
With custom rings, you’ll know your piece is one-of-a-kind, just like your loved one. But when you decide to look into custom rings, where do you find inspiration? After all, when the field is wide open, you may feel like a blank canvas is staring you in the face.
To point you in the right direction, here are a few tips
- Think outside the lines. Diamonds and other stones are most often seen in round shapes, which may be the easiest to fit into any setting. However, don’t be afraid to explore square or princess cut, pear shape, oval, or even heart-shaped stones. Especially if you’re designing a custom setting, you should be able to accommodate whatever shape you wish. And don’t forget that the shape of the ring can also be altered by the setting itself. Surrounding even a round stone in a unique setting can really make a difference.
- Don’t be afraid of color. Colored gemstones – even colored diamonds – can add a unique flair to even an “off-the-shelf” setting. These days, many brides are opting to add other stones such as sapphires, rubies, or emeralds to their engagement rings. Some even prefer to use diamonds as a secondary stone in the setting, or leave them out altogether.
- Go vintage. Vintage jewelry is very popular today, and in a custom design, you can go as far with it as you like. Filigree details and patterns can add something special to any setting, even if you just want to add a little vintage inspiration to a more modern ring.
- Make it more meaningful. Any special ring is bound to mean a lot, but think about special symbols the two of you share. Religious themes, engravings, or shapes can often be incorporated into the setting or band, adding even more significance to the piece.
- Explore other materials. Yellow gold is the classic choice, but for a more custom ring, you might consider platinum, rose gold, palladium, or other materials that aren’t seen as often.
When designing your custom ring, the most important thing is to find a qualified jewelry designer, and work with them and your loved one to ensure the end result meets your expectations. Never be afraid to point your designer in a different direction, or let them know when you have your own ideas. If you do it right, your custom ring can become a precious reminder and family heirloom that lasts forever.