What personal information do we collect?
When you register for services on wilsondiamonds.com (the “Website”), you may be asked for your name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number, and other details that can help us assist you. In addition, when you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and information about how you interact with the Website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
When do we collect information?
We collect information when you register on our site, talk to one of our representatives, or fill out a form. We also collect information when you perform such activities as signing up for our newsletter, responding to a survey or marketing communication, surfing the Website, or using certain other site features.
How do we use this information?
We may use your PII in the following ways:
- To verify and authenticate you and access to your Website
We may share your PII with third parties as we work to provide you with services and/or products, as described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store (you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your PII here: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/). We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website (you can read more about how Google uses your PII here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/). You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. We also use Klaviyo to provide us with certain marketing technology services (you can read more about how Klaviyo uses your PII and how to opt out here: http://optout.aboutads.info/).
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- To help you better when responding to your customer service
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and
- To otherwise communicate with you.
- To screen orders for potential risk or fraud.
- To process transactions or provide the services we offer that require the exchange of PII or NPI (non-public personal information).
- we may also share your PII to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect the information we collect?
We protect your PII in the following ways:
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, known vulnerabilities, and malware (software designed to interfere with the normal functions of a computer or computer system). This helps make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Yourpersonal information is saved on secure networks and is accessible only to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply via the Website is encrypted both on disk and via Secure Socket Layer (SSL/TLS) technology in
- We implement a variety of security measures when you enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal
- To help us verify your authentication or active session on our website and
- To help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site This allows us to provide you with improved services.
- Tohelp us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so we can offer better site experiences and
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone. Most browsers let you change your cookie settings. Typically, this can be modified in the Options or Preferences section of your browser. If needed, check your browser’s Help menu to find out how to change your cookie settings.
If you completely disable cookies in your browser, you will disable some features of our website that make your site experience more efficient. In addition, many of our services will not function properly.
When do we disclose information to third parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties except when doing so is necessary for us to transact purchases that you have made via the website or perform the services we contract to do for you. Such as, we may share information with third parties who help us operate our website, conduct business, or offer you services, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law; enforce our site policies; or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personal identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) to gather information about website usage and user behavior for statistical purposes and to help us better understand how our customers use our website.
You can use the Google Analytics Opt Out browser add-on to opt out of participating in this statistic gathering.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
What if there’s a data breach?
In alignment with fair information practices, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you via email, as well as on our website, within seven (7) business days of our identifying the breach.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
The CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address so that we can send you information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading header information, email subjects, or email
- We will identify a reasonable way advertisements are sent as
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in our
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is
- We will include a link at the bottom of each email that lets you opt out of receiving email from
- You can also contact us to from any and all email correspondence.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests within five (5) days of our receipt of notice therefor.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your PII for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
How do I contact you?
At the bottom of the page under About, click Contact Us.
To submit a form requesting information, click Get Connected at the top of the page.
Posted mail address:
Wilson Diamonds, Inc.
404 West 2230 North
Provo, Utah 84604